Nowadays every smartphone users have various apps installed on their Android device. Some of these apps, we do not want to show other people due to our privacy or some other things. Do you know you can hide apps which you do not want to show other people? So today we are going to show you how to hide apps on Android. We will tell you two different ways to do this. You can find your suitable one. These processes do not require any root in your Android Device.
How to hide apps on Android:
When you will search for how to hide apps on Android on the internet, you will see lots of articles to do that. But most of those methods do not work. Here we have brought two methods which work effectively and you would be easily able to hide apps in android. These methods are very easy and we are going to explain it in a layman language.
Hide apps on Android: Method 1
You can easily hide apps on android through some setting changes in the device. Here is the step by step process to do this.
- Go to the “settings” option of the device.
- Scroll down for “App” option.
- Click on the “App” option and you will the list of apps which are installed in your android device.
- Click on the app which you want to hide. Then you will see two options: Disable or Force stop.
- Click on “Disable” to hide the app in your device.
- Now the app has hidden. Another person will not be able to see that app is your device.
Hide Apps on Android: Method 2
Previously we have given a detailed description of Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, Go Launcher in our previous articles. These launchers are used to customize the home screen of the android device. You can find various themes, wallpapers in these apps. You can use these launcher apps to hide your apps. If you do not have any of these launcher apps then you can download it. Here is the step by step process.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search for Nova Launcher/Apex Launcher/Go Launcher.
- Click on “install” and wait till .APK file download in your device.
- Now find that downloaded .APK file. It will be in the download folder of the device.
- Open the file and click on “install”. Wait until the installation process finishes.
Now you have Nova Launcher, Go Launcher or Apex launcher in your Android device.
Use Launcher App to hide apps on Android:
Here we are going to share the step by step process to hide apps in Android using Nova Launcher. You can also use Apex Launcher. The process is quite similar.
- Open the Nova Launcher App.
- Go to the “Settings” Option.
- Scroll Down for the option “App & Widget drawers”.
- Now, Scroll down for “Hide Apps”, click on it.
- Select the app which you want to hide and click on done.
Now you have hidden the apps using Nova Launcher App.
How to use Hide App:
To use a hidden app in android you would need to unhide the app otherwise you will not be able to use the app. If we talk about the notifications of the hidden app, they will appear on the home screen as soon as you will wake up the phone.
If you want to see the list of your hidden apps then in the Google Search Bar you have to type the name of the app and click on search. Then you would be able to see that hidden app.
So here we have shared the two effectively working methods to hide apps on android. These methods are very easy and work efficiently. The best thing is that you do not require rooting your Android device to hide the app. So hide the apps in android device and be tension free about your privacy.