Do you want to delete WhatsApp Group? Are you fed-up of hundreds of group messages? WhatsApp is the free messenger that provides group messaging facility. Check the steps on How to Delete WhatsApp Group in this article. There multiple ways to delete WhatsApp group. You can use any of them to get rid of the WhatsApp group.
How to Delete WhatsApp Group
WhatsApp group is a great way to connect with multiple people at a time. You can add up to 256 users to a single group. You can send text messages, audios, videos, and images on WhatsApp. In a fraction of seconds, the messages are sent to the user. Group chats have both advantages and disadvantages. When people send messages to the group, notifications are sent to the group members. The notifications are annoying if the messages are in hundreds and more.
See More: Nova Launcher Prime Apk
How to Delete WhatsApp Group in iPhone
If you are the admin of the group follow these steps:
- First, open Whatsapp on your iOS device.
- Look for the group you want to delete. Tap on the group.
- The group chat page will open. On the top will find the Group name with a WhatsApp Group Dp. Tap on the Group name.
- Now, scroll down to view the list of participants.
- Tap on the name of a participant. You will see multiple options. Click on the “Remove from Group” option. Likewise, you can remove all the participants from the group.
- Now, move to the main page to view the group again.
- Press and hold your finger on the group and swipe left. Tap on “More” option.
- Tap on “Exit Group”.
- Now, swipe the group option towards left again. Tap on “Delete Group”. The group will not appear in the list.
If you are not the admin of the group follow these steps:
- First, open the Whatsapp application on iPhone.
- Find the group on the page that displays chats.
- Hold your finger on the group and swipe left. The first option with the grey background is “More”. You need to tap on “More”.
- Tap on “Exit Group” to exit from the group.
- Again, swipe left and the option will change from “More” to “Delete Group”. Tap on the “Delete Group” option to delete the group.
Also, check: Apex Launcher Apk
Delete WhatsApp Group Android
There are two cases for deletion of groups. Either you are the admin or participant in the group. WhatsApp group delete when you are the admin:
- Open WhatsApp app on the Android device.
- Now, tap on the group you want to delete.
- Once the chat page opens, tap on the Group name. A list of all the WhatsApp group participants will open.
- You need to press and hold your finger on the participant’s name. A pop-up with multiple options will appear. Tap on “Remove” option. You can remove all the other participants by following the similar way.
- Tap on the back button. Once again, the chat page will open. On the top-right corner, there is a dotted option. Tap on the option.
- Now, click on “Exit Group” option.
- Open the main page. Press and hold the group to view the delete option. Tap on “Delete” to delete the group permanently.
Want to know How to Delete WhatsApp Group when you are not the admin? Use these steps:
- On your iPhone, open WhatsApp.
- Press and hold the group to view more options for the group.
- Tap on Exit Group and other members will receive a notification regarding the deletion.
- Again, repeat the second step, tap on “Delete Group” option.