Microsoft Excel offers different ways of adding a calendar. You can add templates or create your own. Excel has a collection of templates for different events. Once you add them you can make necessary changes. Here, you can learn how to insert calendar in Excel. To know more about the complete process, go through the article.
How to Insert Calendar in Excel
On Excel, you can create spreadsheets, tables, graphs, and more. Excel spreadsheet is easy to manage so it’s becoming popular for business use too. Calendar data is one of the most common forms of data in Excel. But entering the months and dates, again and again, can be painful. So it is better you add calendar templates or drop-down to the sheet. A drop-down form of a calendar is useful in case of forms. If you want to manage data according to dates, use the calendar templates.
See More: How to Compress Video Files
Add Calendar in Excel
For adding the calendars using the date and time picker use these steps:
- First, add the developer menu to the menu bar. Right-click anywhere on the ribbon. A ribbon is a horizontal section just below the menu bar.
- Tap on “Customize the ribbon” option. A customization window will open. Look for the developer option in the list of main tabs. Check the “developer” box.
- Now, close the window. The Developer menu will appear next to the view menu. Developer menu will help you know how to insert calendar in Excel.
- Tap on the developer. Its respective options will appear on the ribbon.
- In the controls section, you will find the insert tool. Tap on “Insert” to view its drop-down. A list of options that function as ActiveX control will open. Tap on the last option to view more tools.
- Go through the list to find “Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0”. Tap on the control and press the “ok” button. This would insert date picker in Excel 2016.
- Tap on a cell in the sheet where you want to insert calendar.
- Now, activate the Excel drop-down by tapping on the design option. The option appears in the Controls section.
- Tap the down arrow that appears on the drop-down. A small calendar will open. You can choose the year, month, and date. Likewise, you can insert calendar in Excel 2013.
Also, check: Apex Launcher Apk
Insert Calendar in Excel
Use Calendar template Excel to add pre-made calendars to the sheet. Learn How to Insert Calendar in Excel using these steps:
- First, click on start and search for Microsoft Excel. Once the result displays the application, tap to open the app.
- From the top list that displays the menu bar, select “File”.
- Now, tap on “New”. On the right frame, you can view its respective options. Tap on “Calendar templates” to open the list of office templates.
- You can view the description of each calendar template on the right side. Check the rating and size of the template before adding them to the sheet. Create a monthly calendar in Excel to maintain data on regular basis.
- Now, tap on the template. The template will appear on the sheet.
- Check the details on the calendar. There are chances that the year or month is incorrect.
- Customize the template according to your need. For changing the month or year using the drop-down.